While playing with friends on PS4 did you ever discover Easter eggs, for that fun and rewarding experience? Try doing and you will love it for sure. PS4 with its large library of engaging games makes you laugh a lot. I celebrate whenever I win a new game on PS4 with my friends. Do you do?
What is Ps4 Controller
The PS4 controller or DualShock 4, is the key game controller used with the Sony PlayStation 4 console. Its design and advanced features are just marvelous!!
The PS4 controller features a touchpad, a built-in speaker, and a light bar that can change colors and provide additional feedback during gameplay along with a 3.5mm audio jack for headphones and a micro-USB port for charging. It uses Bluetooth to connect wirelessly to the console, has a motion sensor and a six-axis accelerometer, to control motion in certain games.
But at times PS4 controller does vibrate. Why? Keep reading to know.
Why Does Vibration Happen on Ps4 Controller
The vibration feature on a PS4 controller is intended to provide haptic feedback to the player during gameplay. The vibration occurs for reasons like
- Game events: In many games, the controller vibrates when the player takes damage, when a character lands a successful hit, or when the player’s character is running or driving at great speeds.
- Controller settings: The vibration feature can be set in the controller settings. If the vibration is turned on, it will vibrate when the game activates the feature.
- Low battery: Controller may vibrate to indicate that it needs to be charged, when battery in the controller is low.
- Controller malfunctions: In cases of hardware or software issues, the controller may vibrate.
Now you know the reasons. But, do you really need special skills to test vibration on PS4?
Skills Needed to Test Vibration
No, you do not require any specific skill but for being familiar with the basic functionality of the controller and how to navigate the PS4 menu system along with following simple on-screen instructions.
Know the basic skills to test vibration:
- Basic computer skills on how to navigate the PS4 menu system.
- Attention to detail whether the controller vibrates correctly and consistently.
- Have patience if you are troubleshooting a problem.
- Problem-solving skills like troubleshooting and solving the problem.
With above minimum skills, you can test vibration on PS4 Controller.
Steps to Test Vibration on Ps4 Controller
Start using the built-in “Controller Vibration Test” feature on your PlayStation 4 console. Here’s how:
1.Turn on your PS4 console. Link your controller with the console via a USB cable or wireless.
- On the PS4 home screen, go to “Settings” > “Devices” > “Controllers.”
- In the Controllers menu, opt “Vibration Function.”
- In the Vibration Function menu, go to “Controller Vibration Test.”
- Follow the on-screen commands. Use buttons to press to test the vibration function of your controller.
- To know that vibration function is working correctly, you would feel the controller vibrate when you press the buttons on the screen. If not working, then there may be an issue with your controller, and you may need to troubleshoot or replace it or use a pin or paperclip to reset your controller by pressing the small reset button on the back of the controller.
PS4 is a popular choice among gamers with advanced features and design. Next time it vibrates, you know how to handle it. Just use the steps mentioned to test vibration on PS4 using basic skills.