Spotify followers are the busy bugs choosing to follow an artist, band, or playlist on the Spotify music streaming platform. Having a large number of followers on Spotify can be an advantage to artists and bands increase their exposure and thereby reach a wider audience.
Reasons to Remove Spotify Followers
Reasons might vary why someone may want to remove Spotify followers. Here are some possible reasons:
Inappropriate behavior: If a follower is behaving unfittingly, such as sending offensive messages or leaving negative comments, you may want to remove them from your followers list.
Unwanted attention: If you are receiving unwanted attention from a follower, such as frequent messages or requests, you may intend to remove them to lessen the amount of attention you are receiving.
Privacy concerns: If you have privacy concerns and do not want some to have access to your activity on Spotify, you may like to remove them from your followers list.
Changes in your music style or preferences: If your music style or preferences aren’t the same anymore, you may no longer want certain followers who are only interested in your previous music style to continue following you.
Personal reasons: There may be few other personal reasons why you no longer want a particular follower to be following you on Spotify.
Note that removing followers should not be taken lightly, as it can impact your visibility on the platform. Carefully consider your reasons for wanting to remove a follower and to communicate with them, if possible, to address any issues before resorting to removal.
How to Remove Spotify Followers
As a user, you cannot directly remove any follower from your Spotify account. However, you can make your profile private, to remove existing followers. Learn how to make your Spotify profile private:
- Open the Spotify app on your device and check into your profile.
- Tap on the gear icon in the top right corner to enter your settings.
- Go down to the “Social” section and toggle the “Private Session” option on.
- You can also toggle the “Automatically make my new playlists public” option off to stop new playlists from being noticeable to your followers.
Note that if you make your profile private, your followers will not be able to see any activity on your account.
Spotify followers: How to Gain
Are you regretting for removing your Spotify removers? Then know how to gain followers once again: Share your music: Share your music on social media platforms and other music-sharing websites to increase your visibility.
- Collaborating with other artists and featuring on their tracks can attract new followers.
- Responding to comments and messages from your followers to continue following your music.
- Creating playlists that feature your music can help attract new followers who share similar musical tastes.
- Promote your music offline and attract new followers to your Spotify profile.
- Use data and analytics to improve your reach and engagement.
To completely remove a follower, you need to report the follower to Spotify support for violating Spotify’s terms of service, if any. But it is done only in cases of harassment or other serious issues.