Raise your hand if you prefer going to the dentist and that too for an implant. No takers? But people visit dentist for a purpose. Know the reasons.
Dental implants are common way to replace missing teeth. They are often suggested for individuals who:
- Want a long-term solution
- Have one or more missing teeth
- People opting for dental implants should be in good overall health
- Have healthy gums and adequate bone density in their jaw to support the implant.
- Candidates for dental implants should not smoke or be willing to quit prior to and after the procedure.
Overall, dental implants are a superb option for individuals who want to restore their smile and improve their oral health. It’s important to see a dental professional to determine if dental implants are the right choice for your specific needs and situation.
Heal Faster after Dental Implants
Healing after dental implant surgery might takes several months, and it’s must to follow your dentist’s instructions carefully to ensure proper healing. Here are some general tips on how to heal faster after dental implant surgery:
- Rest: Take good rest and avoid strenuous activity for the first few days after surgery to allow your body to heal properly.
- Take pain medication: Do take the pain medications prescribed by the dentist to help manage any discomfort or pain after surgery.
- Apply ice packs: Apply ice packs to the surgical area to help reduce swelling and discomfort.
- Eat soft foods: During the initial days after surgery, stick to soft foods that are easy to chew and swallow, such as soups, smoothies, and mashed potatoes.
- Avoid smoking: Smoking can also slow down the healing process and increase the risk of complications. It’s important to avoid smoking or using any tobacco products for at least a few weeks after surgery.
- Practice good oral hygiene: Keep the surgical area clean to prevent infection. Your dentist will give you exact instructions on how to care for your implants and when it’s safe to restart normal brushing and flossing.
- Attend all follow-up appointments: Attend all follow-up appointments as asked by your dentist to monitor your progress and ensure proper healing.
Overall, healing after dental implant surgery requires lot of patience and proper care. By following your dentist’s instructions and taking care of yourself, you can lessen discomfort and speed up your recovery time.
Factors that Delay from Healing Faster:
There are many factors that can delay healing after dental implant surgery. Some of the most common are:
- Poor oral hygiene can lead to infections and other problems that can slow down the healing process.
- Smoking delays the healing process by dropping blood flow to the surgical area and increasing the risk of infection.
- Diabetes can slow down the healing process and raise the risk of complications after dental implant surgery.
- Blood thinners and some pain medications, can slow down the healing process.
- Poor nutrition and strenuous physical activity also delay healing faster after Dental implants.
Overall, it’s important to follow your dentist’s instructions carefully and take care of yourself after dental implant surgery to ensure proper healing. If you experience any unusual symptoms or complications, it’s important to contact your dentist right away.