To use and gain access to the functionality of Oculus devices and applications, a user account called an Oculus account is necessary. It is produced when you first use the Oculus software on a compatible device or when you set up your Oculus device.
In order to create the Oculus account, you’ll be required to enter your email address, name and your password. You may also opt to join to your Facebook accounts to an Oculus account, however it isn’t required.
Why People Change Their Username on Oculus
There are many reasons one might wish changing their Username on Oculus. A few of these are:
- Privacy issues: If someone thinks their username is not sufficiently identifiable or discloses too many personal details. They may wish alter it into something that is more anonymous or a generic.
- Aesthetic preferences: Certain users might simply wish to change their username to something they like visually or appealing.
- Marketing or branding: If you make use of their Oculus account for promotional or business reasons the possibility of a new username may assist in establishing a more effective image for their brand or to market their services or products.
- Conflict resolution: In certain instances, conflict with other groups or users can cause someone to alter their login in order to be able to avoid further problems.
- For a change: Some users might decide to change their usernames in order to try something different.
How To Change Oculus Username
Change your Oculus username within the Oculus application on your device or on the Oculus website. These are the steps to follow:
- Using the Oculus App:
Launch your Oculus App on your mobile, and then sign into your account.
- Select “Settings” and Tap on the “Settings” option in the right-hand corner of the screen.
- Hit “Edit Profile” from the menu of choices.
- Click to the “Username” field and enter the username you want to use.
- Click to “Save Changes” to update your username
- Using the Oculus Website:
Visit on the Oculus website and sign into your account.
- Click on your profile photo at the top-right area of your screen.
- Choose “Settings” from the drop-down menu.
- Select “Edit” next to your current username. Hit on “Edit” next to your current.
- Make sure you enter your new Username in the “Username” field.
- Simply click on “Save Changes” to update your username.
Take note that the new username you have created may require some time to be visible on the various Oculus applications and platforms.
Should I Use My Real Name on Oculus?
You can choose you want to display your name in VR using the name you typically use. Do not make a second Facebook account, or one that has an unknown name. Community Standards require people to use the name they are familiar with in daily life to ensure that our communities are more secure.
Change Your Name on Oculus Quest
Log into your account on through the secure.oculus.com website. The profile you want to create is located on the left-hand side of this page. If you’d like to change your username, simply click edit next to the profile. After you have entered your new username as well as the Discord password, hit SAVE and then CONFIRM.
What Should Your Oculus Username Look Like?
Usernames should begin with a letter, or number. Users can choose the maximum length of 2 up to 20 characters. A username can contain the use of numbers, letters, underscores and dashes but not in a row. It is not allowed to include spaces, slashes or characters when creating your username.
The use of an Oculus account allows users to purchase and download applications and games from the Oculus Store as well as connect with friends, play multiplayer games and use other features like Oculus TV and Oculus TV as well as the Oculus Browser. If there is an existing account but wish you to alter your login, this article can be of great assistance to you. Thank you for your interest and the time you spent to read!