Have noticed that many of buddies hide something from being viewed by others on fb (Facebook) and they are so apt at doing it, that it puzzles me why do they post such content then. Well, may be got their own reasons. I can suggest few ways if you are also among those who want to hide something from others on fb. Keep reading.
How to Hide:
- Adjust your privacy settings: fb allows you to regulate who can see your information. You can adjust your privacy settings to edge the visibility of certain content to specific people or groups.
- Use the “Only Me” option: When you share something on facebook, you can use the “Only Me” choice to ensure that only you can see the content.
- Create a custom friends list: Create a list of close ones and limit the visibility of certain content to that group only.
- Delete content: If you’ve already posted you want to hide from others, you can delete or remove the content from your profile.
But before you need to deal with such headache of hiding, it is always better to think carefully about what you post online. Let’s know what makes people hide the posted content at all.
Why People Hide Something?
There can be several reasons why someone might hide something from you on fb. Here are a few likelihoods:
- Privacy concerns: Some people may be uncomfortable sharing certain information and so they hide the information to protect their privacy.
- Embarrassment: Others may hide certain material because they may have posted something they regret and don’t want others to see it.
- Personal or professional reputation: Some people cautiously hide certain information that might damage their personal or professional reputation and could be perceived negatively by others.
- Conflict or relationship issues: If there is conflict or tension in a relationship, people hide content to avoid further conflict.
I personally, can’t determine the thoughts and intentions of individuals who hide content once posted. Yeah, but I know the signs that might suggest someone is hiding something from you on Facebook.
How To Tell If Someone Is Hiding Something
When people hide something from others on Facebook, you can trace out based on the following mannerisms of theirs:
- They are not easily approachable.
- Few maintain multiple Facebook accounts.
- They use pennames to hide their identity.
- They are unwilling to share location or activities with you.
- They block you from seeing certain parts of their profile.
- They take a long time to reply to your messages or comments.
- Some start self-justifying when you ask them questions about certain topics.
There may be genuine reasons why someone is not sharing certain information with you, and it’s not necessary that they are hiding something from you. But, if you feel that the other person is hiding something from you on fb, better to approach the situation with an open mind and have an honest conversation with the person.